Monday, September 26, 2011

Using the Bissell Pro Heat 2X Carpet Cleaner

I have cats that occasionally feel the need to yak up a hairball all over my carpeting. Occasionally if I am really lucky, they might make it to the tile floor. However, nine times out of ten, they get the carpeting.

Now I understand that cats and hairballs are inevitable, but it leaves a mess on the floor. I usually use a foam carpet cleaner on the mess, but this doesn't always clean the spot completely.

I decided it was time to buy a carpet cleaning system. I have used the rental systems that you can get at any grocery store, and those only work so-so.

After looking around I ended up at Wal-Mart. (I end up there a lot, probably because they have decent prices on a lot of items.) There I found the Bissell Pro Heat 2X Carpet Cleaner for $194.97.

Operation of the Bissell Pro Heat 2X Carpet Cleaner is a lot simpler than the rental machines. You don't need to measure the rug cleaning detergent and mix it one to one with water or any of that nonsense. The Bissell has a back tank in which you pour the cleaning detergent full strength. You can set it for low, medium, or high so you get the amount of detergent you need.

Then you pour water into the front tank. Actually the front tank has two parts. The clean water goes into a bladder, and as the machine picks up the dirty water, it is deposited into the tank around the clean water bladder. This way the clean water and dirty soapy water never mix. To me this is one of the best features of the Bissell Pro Heat 2X Carpet Cleaner.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment