Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hoover Steamvac Silver Carpet Cleaner

As I have mentioned in other reviews, with the exception of the bathroom and the laundry room, my house is completely carpeted. Eventually, my wife and I would like to rip some of the carpeting up, at least in the kitchen. But, in the mean time, the abundance of carpeting gives us some significant cleaning challenges; especially with two kids.

One thing that we neglected to do recently is shampooing the carpets. They definitely needed it. But, our carpet cleaner was a bit too small for such a large job and didn't seem to do that great of a job. I also thought it was a bit inconvenient to borrow the one my parents own.

This is why, when we got our federal taxes back this year, I decided to use part of the money on a new carpet cleaner. We shopped around a bit and ultimately ended up with the Hoover Steamvac Silver Carpet Cleaner (Model #F5915900).

Even though, with the tax money, we could have afforded a more expensive brand, one of the main reasons we decided to buy this carpet cleaner was the price. It wasn't the cheapest one available but it was moderately priced at $139. And, so far, it is worth the money.

First of all, I like the larger size. We are able to do our floors in half the time it took us with our old cleaner. This is pretty important because I really don't like spending my entire day off cleaning.

And, as far as the cleaning is concerned, this product does a fantastic job. The scrub brushes on the bottom kick up the dirt that is deep down in our carpet, making it easy for the cleaner to suck that up. We vacuum our living room carpet almost daily and, when we used this, the water was black.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment