Friday, September 23, 2011

Battle of the Suck: Bissell Vs. Dyson

There's a lot of buzz about Dyson vacuum cleaners, they claim to be the absolute top of the line. But are they really the best, or are they just good at marketing? I've had a Dyson and I've had the knock off version of the Dyson in the Bissell brand. (Although, I'm sure they wouldn't want it referred to as a knock-off.) They are designed in a similar manner, neither requires a vacuum cleaner bag, both are designed with a "Low reach floor tool", both have the option to turn off the rotating brush control, and both have several removable attachments. Having had each, which one do you think was the best?

Well, I'll tell you. There's not too much of a difference between them. With one exception, and that is the price. The "Dyson DC 14: animal" is the model that I had for about a year. It runs about $550.00 with a 5 year warranty. Technically, it belonged to a roommate and she received an employee discount from the electronics store where she bought it. So truthfully, it cost me nothing. I remember that the vacuum worked very well, doing everything that it promised to do, including doing a great job at picking up pet hair.

Since it worked so well, when it came time for my husband and I to choose a vacuum a couple of years later, I made a beeline for the vacuum that resembled the Dyson. Upon closer inspection it was a Bissell. Upon even closer inspection still, I noticed that it was roughly half the price. The "Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo" goes for about $230.00 at Macy's. So we chose the Bissell. And I have to say, it works really well. We have two cats and it picks up all traces of fur and whatever else happens to be lying around, be it some stray litter or regular dust and dirt.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment