Friday, September 2, 2011

How to Get Your Full Rent Deposit Back

When you move into a new apartment or home, the leasing agent always asks for a security deposit to cover damages. So how do you get that money back when you move out? As an owner of a duplex, it isn't always easy to give back all of the security deposit. In this article, I'll give you some advice on how to get your security deposit back.

A few years ago, I built a new duplex. It's a simple design with two bedrooms and one bath. I charge a moderate amount for rent but I ask for a $500 security deposit and even more if they have pets. So far, I have broken even every time a tenant moves out. A few times, I lost money on the repairs. So how is $500 spent on making the home presentable for the next tenant? It's the little things that add up and make the deposit disappear quickly. Here's how to prevent you from losing your deposit when you move out of your rental home.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment