Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bissell Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner with Fabric Safe Brush

I have lived with house rabbits for years and if you've ever had the pleasure of spending time with alupine, you know that they poop when they want and where they want. I love when my eleven year old rabbit sits on the couch with me, but his stains smell and are hard to get out. Over the years I have tried everything to remove the smell and color of pet stains from of my couch and nothing has worked, that is, until I found the Bissell Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner with its fabric safe brush.

I was drawn to the package based on two factors: it's cost and it's brush. At under $5, the Bissell Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner was about $3 less than the competitors and it was the only product in the box store that I was in that came with a brush. The fabric-safe brush was attached to the bottle and the packaging promised that it would remove the deep down dirt, stains, and odors that were lurking in my couch.

When I got home I followed the instructions almost to a t. I didn't follow the "before you clean" suggestion that warned me to test an area that wasn't visible before I cleaned my couch to see if the product's color was affected. I was confident that it wasn't going to be affected and I soldiered on.

But I'll say this about the Bissell warning - it came with an extra portion that I had never seen. I was told that if my upholstery was affected by the product that I should avoid Bissell products coded "WS" or "W."

I prepped my couch as instructed:

· First I removed the cushions and cleaned both sides of any wet spots.

· Then I vacuumed my couch with a hand held vacuum.

· I shook the cleaning product well and removed the tab that was protecting the trigger button.

· Then I placed the fabric brush on to the first couch cushion and pressed the trigger button to apply a small amount of foam.

· I spread the foam with the brush both evenly and vigorously in an overlapping circular motion, making sure that I was covering a small area thoroughly before I moved on.

· When I had finished cleaning one side of a cushion, I removed the excess dirt with a damp cloth.


Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment