Friday, May 20, 2011

The Only Way to Clean Your Carpet

I'm sure you know what I mean when I say stains on a carpet just make you want to pull your hair out! For some reason this is my biggest pet peeve and for the life of me I don't know why! I'm just a guilty! I'll be watching TV, not paying a bit of attention and spill a full can of soda all over the floor while my wife and rush up as if one of our kids had just fallen off a swing just to dab up the cola before it stains!

Here we are on our hands and knees pressing the towels, twisting it, dabbing it thinking we know what we're doing but when morning comes we see that our efforts were a total and complete failure!

We have high traffic in my home. My kids are very active and so about every three months I would spend 12 percent of their college fund to hire someone to come in a clean the carpet with only medium results. I couldn't understand why I was paying so much and not getting the results I wanted? My wife insisted it was the carpet and we needed new furry shag all throughout the house but I wasn't ready to give up!

I tried several companies in the area and I finally asked the Carpet Man what he uses. Well he told me it was a trade secret. That's like telling me you can water my garden with a thimble full of water from an ancient Chinese watering trick! While he was in doing his thing I looked at the magic chemical that wouldn't get my carpet clean but cost me several hundred dollars and it smelled like cheap laundry soap! At that moment a light bulb went off in my head!

About three months had passed it was time to call the "pros" once again. This time I put my foot down and she laughed at me. Well I made a simple bet with her. I told her I could clean the carpet better than anyone who's done it in the past. She agreed! The game was on!

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment