Thursday, May 19, 2011

Eureka Optima: Good Housekeeping Recommends This Vacuum Cleaner and so Do I

Last month I nominated my miscreant vacuum cleaner for the worst product ever. That Hoover vacuum cleaner has the ultimate case of vacuum cleaner snobbery; it "doesn't do" popcorn, paper scraps or raisins. Its appendages drop, its hose detaches, and it suffers chronic constipation. If you missed the hilarious details of this vacuum with an attitude, you can read them here. The daily torment this contraption inflicted on me finally surpassed my threshold tolerance. Today, I replaced that insidious home wrecker with a brand new Eureka Optima Model 431B.

The Eureka Optima is a sleek, lightweight, upright, bagless stick model, weighing in just short of 12 pounds. It is probably the simplest vacuum cleaner model on the market. Assembly was a cinch. The Eureka Optima parts snapped together and stayed put. And after my last vacuum experience, you'd better believe I checked out the design of this product carefully in the store. The hose twists and locks into place as does the canister. The Eureka Optima brush fits securely over a attachment holder. No more mechanical litter while I vacuum.

"The" brush? That's right, there's one. There are not a lot of attachments with this vacuum cleaner. The Eureka Otima offers one small brush and one extension tube to clean upholstery, draperies and whatever other non-carpet surfaces may need cleaning. For those used to a lot of vacuum cleaner attachments, that may prove disconcerting, but remember, I, having lived with a miscreant Hoover for so long, am quite accustomed to life without vacuum cleaner attachments.

The Eureka Optima promises 12 amps of power and 33.0 cleaning effectiveness. Would it live up to this promise? I crossed my fingers and flicked the switch. Whoosh. It moved, it sucked, it cornered... this vacuum cleaner cleaned! My daughter had conveniently run off to school without cleaning up the popcorn she spilled on the carpet, so I put the Eureka Optima to the test. Burp! Ok, it chewed the popcorn a bit, but then it gobbled up the pieces. This vacuum cleaner is making a good first impression.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment