Friday, May 27, 2011

From Purrfect Pet to Hell Cat

So, following my bragging about how well the cat was handling the introduction of Kitty Litter into his life, and the beginnings of coping with being locked indoors, it all went to hell. I committed a fatal crime. I changed the brand of kitty litter. Take my advice and don't do this. Just quietly mob up the horrid clay paw prints every day.

I thought the crystals would be an improvement, no smell and no nasty clay paw prints. In my delusions of grandeur I figured it would be best to make this change now, as he's learning rather than later. Do not ever do this!

I have had a headache for the last 6 days, and the cat is attempting to see if he can master the human toilet in preference to his own. I blame my mother for this. She jokingly said last week that I could train him to use the toilet. "People have done it. Like that video in that email." I replied with a reference to how horrible I found this notion to be. The cat apparently didn't think it was such a horrible concept and is starting to seriously think about it.

Yes folks, my cat HATES the crystals so much that he's considering the water based contraption. This says a lot because the cat seriously loathes all things water related. But I have none-the-less seen him attempting to get up on the seat.

I'm thinking it's the deodorizer in the new litter, because when he clearly needs to go and I place him on the litter he is seeming to sniff for something that I guess he doesn't find. I preferred litter with the deodorizer as I'm not a fan of the litter thing much more than the cat is. It seems that Mao has other toiletry ideas though, and he wants the smell. Or, failing that, to use the same thing everyone else in the house does.

I do see his logic, but I'm stuck on the thought of 'EWWW! Yuck. Hell no. Not ever.' I don't care how many YouTube hits a video of it would get me. YUCKY, no. Not using the human loo.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment