Friday, May 20, 2011

An Easy Way to Clean Vomit

We all have been bitten by the flu bug a time or two. Nausea and vomiting can come about from food poisoning, pregnancy, or nerves. Whatever the reason, being sick just is not pretty, but cleaning up after someone who has been ill may be just as ugly a job. Is there an easy way to clean vomit?

Let me assure you that I have had some mishaps in my own home. I recollect a time when each and every member of my family of six became very ill with a virus. It seemed that it was impossible to keep anything down.

As the prepared mom, I instructed the kids to head for the bathroom if they felt ill. I even passed out old ice cream buckets...just in case.

Well, my methods were not as effective as I had hoped. Especially the younger children were having issues. Regardless of my diligent efforts, vomit made its way into the carpet.

A quick and easy fix for this problem never crossed my mind at the time. Since then, I have learned a tip that may help.

In a pinch, you can easily treat the issue with ease. Don't just reach for the Lysol and paper towels. Reach for some kitty litter instead.

The same inexpensive kitty litter that you can use in the cat box, can become your greatest tool for cleaning up after a bout with illness.

Generously sprinkle the kitty litter over the vomit on the carpet. If nothing else, the litter will help others to notice the mess.

The purpose of cat litter is to soak up moisture and neutralize odors. These fabulous qualities are just what you need in a moment such as this.

Leave the kitty litter on the carpet until it is fully dry. Although this may seem to take awhile and feel as if you are neglecting the issue, it can really be a life saver when you are sick, too. Once the cat litter has dried completely, clean up is a snap. Simply bring out the vacuum and sweep up the kitty litter from the floor. The cat litter will help to leave the carpet clean and fresh.

Some cleaning may be necessary after this step, but the kitty litter tip will greatly reduce the need for harsh scrubbing of the carpet on your hands and knees. The next time the stomach flu gets the best of your family, you will be prepared.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment