Friday, May 27, 2011

Review: Lola & Louis Conditioner and Deodorizer for Dogs and Cats

I am the proud owner of one of the world's sweetest companions. I don't call her a dog, because she isn't just an animal to me. She's a highly valued friend. I try to always treat her with the respect and love that she deserves and, trust me, that is a lot.

My darling little Shih'Tzu unfortunately suffers from horrendous allergies. We have yet to figure them all out for certain, but the poor baby has a constant state of the "itchies." She will scratch herself raw trying to solve the problem.

Although I trick her into taking her allergy pills and she gets shots as often as allowed, those never seem to be enough. She is still miserable. So I'm constantly in search of a product that will help to soothe her sensitive skin.

My most recent find is called "Lola and Louis Daily Conditioner & Deodorizer." It comes in a 14 fluid ounce frosted plastic bottle with an atomizer. The liquid is blue in color.

According to their display advertising, this conditioner "promotes healthy, shiny fur; relieves dry and itchy skin; and lightly deodorizes."

With regard to the first claim that the product promotes healthy, shiny fur in between baths, I have to vehemently disagree. If anything it makes my dog's coat feel like it has been sprayed with Aqua Net hairspray; making it stiff and hard. Her coat looks dull and lifeless whenever I use this conditioner.

It also claims to detangle and make the pet's fur more manageable. Again, I saw no evidence of that. However, to be fair, a Shih Tzu's coat is very fine and tangles easily no matter what you do.

The second claim says it relieves dry and itchy skin. I saw no evidence whatsoever of that. If anything she scratches more now than before.

With regard to the claim to that the product deodorizes, I'll give them that one. It has a nice, light smell that isn't at all perfumey in nature. It is a natural botanical mixture of geranium and patchouli, blended with sage, thyme, and bergamot. It is actually very similar in scent to the used by my dog's vet.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment