Thursday, May 19, 2011

Product Review: Resolve High Traffic Foam Carpet Cleaner

As the mother of two very messy youngsters, I've become somewhat of an expert on carpet cleaning. I'm the proud owner of a steam cleaner and I do use it regularly. But using a steam cleaner is a lot of work. It is big and awkward. I have to fill it with hot water and soap. Then after I'm done with it, I have to dump out that nasty water and clean the machine before putting it away. Desperate for something more time and energy efficient, I decided to try the Resolve High Traffic Foam Carpet Cleaner for some of the smaller messes.

Resolve has a full line of carpet cleaning products. If you have seen the advertisements on television for the high traffic foam, you've seen the dirty carpet in those high traffic areas compared to the cleaner carpet underneath an area rug. The claim for this product is that it can get your carpet looking like that cleaner carpet under the rug. For me, the problem areas are from the front entry hall through the living room and to the master bedroom.

The directions were pretty easy to follow. Just give the can a good shake and spray it on your carpet. From this point, you can follow one of two sets of directions. There is the manual labor way, which requires you to actually work the foam into the carpet with a damp sponge mop, and there is the self cleaning method, which doesn't require you to do anything to it at all. After it has dried, you vacuum up the dried foam and loosened dirt.

I tried both methods. In the living room, where the carpet was a little less dingy looking, I tried the self cleaning method. The can says that it will cover about 168 square feet. I sprayed the carpet in our tiny living and let it dry. It had a nice, fresh scent. I vacuumed the area and evaluated the results. The carpet seemed a little cleaner, but I would say that this method is more for just freshening up your carpet. It left the carpet soft and clean smelling, but I didn't notice a dramatic difference in the appearance.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment