Monday, May 2, 2011

Best Places to Buy a Vacuum Cleaner in St. Louis Missouri

When I first moved out of my house and into my own apartment I had one small dilemma to solve: I had to furnish the thing on a limited budget. Most of the money that I had saved up went to buy an awesome stereo system that I could finally play because my parents wouldn't be around to complain about it. (I forgot about the neighbors.) It was a small one-bedroom apartment in an old brick building. I decided that I would do most of my shopping at Pier One. I thought that they had a lot of neat things that didn't cost very much. Wicker and rattan was in at the time, so I bought a wicker dining set, couch, and one of those nifty hanging king chairs. (Cushions optional.) With the addition of a couple of woven Indian wall hangings, a lava light, and a couple of incense burners, I was all ready to go.

The floors in the apartment were all hardwood and I bought a couple of area rugs for the living room. It was at Easter time and on Easter Sunday we were all sitting around talking after dinner. My uncle remarked that he had a nice piece of shag carpet that would fit in the bedroom nicely, but it needed to be cleaned. It was rolled up in the basement of his house. It was bout 8 p.m. Easter evening when I suggested that we go get it and take it back to my apartment. On the way there we passed a laundry mat and my uncle got the great idea of finding one with one of those big heavy-duty stainless steel commercial washers and cleaning the carpet in it. We drove and drove and finally found a laundry that was open. It took the two of us to carry the heavy carpet into the laundry. But it was two big to fit in the machine. It took us about 20 minutes to bend and fold it enough to stuff it into the machine. It wasn't easy bending the heavy backing. Fortunately there were no other customers in the place and I cringed when I thought about what the owner would say if he saw what we were doing to his machine.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment