Saturday, February 5, 2011

Remove Cat Urine Odor and Stains from Your Hardwood Floors... cat urine removal .



So we just purchased our first house. Among many of the improvements yet to be made, our number one priority was the stench. What kind of stench? Cat pee. Lots and lots of cat pee. Unfortunately for the sellers, we think they could have banked around $30,000 more if they would have just removed the smell from the home. I can only imagine how many potential buyers didn't make it past the front door do to the unwelcoming odor permeating every inch of the house.... cat urine removal .

The home was previously owned by an old lady who passed away months before we saw the home for the first time. We were told at one time that there were over 50 cats in that house. I can't imagine what 50 cats would look like, let alone in one home. Yuck. Needless to say, the smell was convincing enough to make anyone believe the 50 cat story. Aside from the smell, the house had tons of charm and just begged to be made over. With a little cash and a lot of prayer, my fiance and I decided we'd be the daring duo to take on the ominous odor.... cat urine removal .

After countless hours of on-line research, talking to friends who had faced the same thing, and conversing with countless pet store employees, Jarrod (my fiance) and I devised a plan. The origin of the odor was obviously the cat urine. The lady's children had removed the carpet to reveal some potentially (and I do mean potentially) beautiful hardwood floors. Underneath the urine spotted floor we hoped we'd find shining hardwood floors filled with charm and character.... cat urine removal .

So, if you're looking to tackle some stinky stained hardwood, here's what I tried, what worked, and what didn't.... cat urine removal .

Ref: Carpet & Rug Institutes Carpet Maintenance Guidelines

Products I Like To Clean My Carpets:Febreze Carpet care

No comments:

Post a Comment