Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Odor Removal: Febreeze Versus Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer... pet odor removal .


In my opinion, all of the Renuzit products provide a better fragrance than Febreeze Extra Strength, and don't have that overwhelming, cheap perfume or hideous aerosol smell associated with some odor removal and cover-up products.


Types of Odor Removal

Stale Smoke

In this household both odor removal products, along with others, have been utilized to eliminate the smell of stale smoke. Stale smoke is a difficult odor to conquer and sometimes I use additional products such as Arm & Hammer Odor Eliminator (for carpets) and Oust with Febreeze Air Effects. Yeah, I'm a bit obsessive with air fresheners.

Generally, however, I use the Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer on a regular basis for fabrics and carpet and the others on a weekly basis or so. Renuzit is the only one of the aforementioned products designed for fabrics.

Pet Smells

Previously I tried Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer when my former roommate had a pet urine war, following the addition of a new adoptee.

The Renuzit Super Order Remover helped me maintain my sanity until I was in a pet-free home again. Don't get me wrong, I love pets but can neither stand the smell of pet pee, especially litter boxes, nor wish to put up with it unless it's my own four-legged darling.

It is important to clean any pet messes before application. Neither Febreeze nor Renuzit can work miracles with pet odors if they are well absorbed into the carpet padding, though Renuzit does a superior job overall.

Price and Availability

Febreeze costs more than Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer and the latter can often be found in the dollar store for a couple of bucks.

One drawback to the Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer is that it is not well-stocked in many stores as is the Febreeze, and when it is, only one or two selections may be available.

Conclusion and New Febreeze Products

With increasing competition in the odor removal industry, Febreeze has launched new scents with claims of a new formula. By description these scents seem to compare pretty well to the Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer formulas.

Ref: Carpet & Rug Institutes Carpet Maintenance Guidelines

Products I Like To Clean My Carpets:Febreze Carpet care

No comments:

Post a Comment