Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How to Remove Pet Stains and Odors... pet stain removal .


Removing pet stains and odors can be broken down into three basic steps:

(1) Remove as much of the urine or feces as possible, as soon as possible

Remove any solids, being careful not to rub it in. WetVac or blot any liquid until the area is dry. Rinse the area with water and dry again.... pet urine removal.


(2) Neutralize and Eliminate Stains and Odors
Following are four different ways to neutralize the odor and remove stains.

Home Remedy for Pet Stain Removal
Home remedies to remove pet stains use a combination of peroxide, vinegar and baking soda. Mix one part white vinegar to three parts water, saturate the area, allow it to sit for five minutes, then blot dry. Sprinkle the area with baking soda. Then add one teaspoon of a dish washing liquid to one cup of Peroxide and drizzle over the area. Use your fingers to work the Peroxide and baking soda into the carpeting and padding. Allow this to dry, then vacuum the powder and rinse with water.... pet urine removal.

Simple Green
Once I had a tenant leave two dogs locked in my house for a week. They made a very large, heavily soiled area. I called a company that specialized in removing pet stains. That left me with a faded stain, the same odor and a lighter wallet. Facing hundreds of dollars to replace the carpet, I saturated the area with an all purpose cleaner that I happened to have on hand called Simple Green. By the time I'd finished rinsing it out with my shampooer, both the stain and the odor were completely gone. I've used it several times since with good results on fresh stains. I've never had any other cleaner work as well.... pet urine removal.

Ref: Carpet & Rug Institutes Carpet Maintenance Guidelines

Products I Like To Clean My Carpets:Febreze Carpet care

No comments:

Post a Comment