Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pet Stain Removers Compared... pet odor control .


Most of the cleaners have done a temporary job. At this point I'm more concerned about odor than about stain. I've pretty much given up on stain removal. I do find that a cleaner with an enzymatic ingredient works better on odor control. Most likely I should be crating this dog but he was raised living in a car with two people and a dog and I don't have the heart to do this to him at this late date.


Bissel overrides the odor even on a really hot day if I leave any windows open . That musty smell seems to have dissapated. I use a lot of air fresheners and I am constantly re treating any areas I find. And, again there are those lovely pee pee pads. Sometimes I get lucky and he uses those. Bissell seems to be doing a very nice job so far.

Bissell is easy to use. I don't bother with the vacuuming step. I'm not worried about damage to my carpet it's already damaged thanks to the dog so I don't pre test .When trying to clean older spots, it sometimes takes two applications a day or two apart but still

Directions:
Vacuum first and test a small, hidden spot, before trying to see if color is affected. THey suggest you check your upholstery for any cleaning tag, (do not use on code "X" or "S".). Bissell also warns againsst using cleaner on silk, velvet, vinyl, leather or 100% cotton upholstery. Bissell may be used on any material with the cleaning code "WS" or "W".

Warnings:
Keep out of reach of children. May cause irritation to your eyes. In the event of eye contact with this solution, flush completely for 15 minutes. If the irritation persists, contact your physician.

www.bissell.com or call 1-800-237-7691

I actually got most of my product at garage sales but I know that you can purchase the Bissell product for $14.99 for a 48 oz size.

Fresh urine does not actually have an unpleasant odor, but old urine smells much stroner because of bacterial decomposition of the urea in the urine, as well as the bacterial excrement itself. The bacteria continues to feed as long as there is a food source and moisture so the ammonia odor becomes stronger on humid days, or soon after the carpet has been wet cleaned. So using genetically engineered bacteria or cleaners with enzymes are needed. Enzyme bsed celaners break down the odor based bacteria.

Ref: Carpet & Rug Institutes Carpet Maintenance Guidelines

Products I Like To Clean My Carpets:Febreze Carpet care

No comments:

Post a Comment