Monday, February 7, 2011

Kenmore Intuition Model 31810 - Upright Bagged Vacuum Cleaner

HEPA Filter

This vacuum has three filters, including a HEPA exhaust filter. I have allergies and we also have pets, so it was important that we find a vacuum cleaner that would handle small airborne particles and allergens. After dealing with a vacuum cleaner that kept throwing a cloud of debris back into the air, it was imperative to find one that would leave the carpet as well as the air much cleaner.... Vacuum Cleaner.

It has a bag!
I know the bagless vacuum cleaners are popular today but with my allergies I want to keep the air in the house as clean as possible. I felt that a vacuum cleaner with a bag would work better for me. The Kenmore Intuition 31810 has a Check Bag Indicator which will illuminate any time the bag is full or if there is any blockage in the air flow.... Vacuum Cleaner.
The Pet Handi Mate attachment
As I mentioned before, when you have pets you need to be able to have a vacuum cleaner that's powerful enough to handle the pet hair. Pet hair can be difficult to remove from most surfaces but the Kenmore Intuition seems to be able to do remove pet hair very well.... Vacuum Cleaner.
Additional features
  • The dirt sensor is a nice feature to have. It lights up red as long as it senses dirt particles in the carpet, and turns to green when the area is sufficiently clean.
  • The power switch is located right on the handle and can be easily changed from the Off position to the setting for FLOOR cleaning or CARPET cleaning. The FLOOR setting doesn't utilize the agitator feature but it's capable of cleaning hardwood floors and tiles.
  • The Stretch Hose for the attachments is accessible and I liked the fact that it is attached directly the vacuum cleaner. The three attachments that come with the vacuum cleaner have their own little housing area so everything stays with the unit.

Cost
This vacuum cleaner cost us $222.00, which I felt was an excellent price considering the way it performs. Yes, you can buy a much cheaper vacuum cleaner as well as more expensive one but when you can get decent performance for this price, I think you have a good deal.

CONS
The weight of the Kenmore Intuition is probably the only drawback I've noticed. It weighs 20 pounds which I find is a little heavy for me when it comes to lifting up and down stairs.... Vacuum Cleaner.
I found the Stretch Hose for the attachments to be a little stiff initially but that seems to be loosening up the more I use the vacuum cleaner....Vacuum Cleaner.
The Contributor has no connection to nor was paid by the brand or product described in this content.

Ref: Carpet & Rug Institutes Carpet Maintenance Guidelines

Products I Like To Clean My Carpets:Febreze Carpet care

No comments:

Post a Comment