Friday, February 11, 2011

Controling Strong Odors in Your Home

PETS

We have an English springer spaniel that even when we've trained him not to sleep on furniture and beds, he will inevitably find someone's bed when we're out. Fortunately, he won't sleep on couches so

MEN

I have a very athletic husband and a young son. They run themselves to smelliness regularly. The prevention here is keeping the smell contained upon entry. If they come in from a sport or other smelly activity, I try to get them to strip down the damp clothes and toss them into the laundry baskets that I provide on top of the washing machine. Their athletic shoes are stored in their gym bags which hang out in the garage. Even after they shower, I notice their towels can start to smell. Now you would think they are clean from the shower, but there are enough bacteria to still smell. I just replace towels regularly. When they aren't around, I also spray their jackets with a clean scented deodorizer.

Ref: Carpet & Rug Institutes Carpet Maintenance Guidelines

Products I Like To Clean My Carpets:Febreze Carpet care

No comments:

Post a Comment