Thursday, October 13, 2011

How to Get Rid of Pet Hair Off of Furniture and Carpeting


I have had pets in my home for quite some time now. Inevitably they leave their shedding hair on my furniture and carpeting throughout my home. I have found a few ways to remove their hair from these two areas short of shaving them.

Sweeping the carpet.

Rather than running the vacuum over the carpet to get rid of pet hair, I use a regular household broom to pick up the pet hair off the carpet. I sweep it like I would the non-carpeted rooms in my home.

By doing this, I can also get rid of the human hair too. By doing this before running the vacuum, the loose hair will not get wrapped around the roller of the vacuum. The pet hair also will not clog the hoses on my vacuum.

By using a broom on the carpet before vacuuming, I will not have to spend an hour pulling or cutting the hair off the roller and unclogging the hoses.

Since one of the hoses on the vacuum runs through the bottom of the vacuum, I have to unscrew it and clean that hose this way and put the machine back together. There has been a couple of times I have had to take the roller out to clean the pet hair that became wrapped tightly around it.

Lint rolling the furniture.

I have used a lint roller several times to remove cat and dog hair off of the fabric covered couch and recliners. This normally works as a quick way to remove the loose pet hair from the furniture.

However, it will not remove the hair that has been caught in the fabric. I would not suggest using the lint roller on a fully carpeted room. Smaller throw rugs I did not want to run the vacuum over, I have used the lint roller for those after shaking them outside.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment