Friday, October 14, 2011

Electrolux Side by Side Refrigerator Review








I purchased this refrigerator over a year ago and my review will be both good and bad for Electrolux.
What I like:
Good looks
Large capacity
Digital display
Quiet
Fast ice
Electrolux recommends not using with Reverse Osmosis system but it works perfectly fine with my system.
The water filter is clear, you can actually see what your water is filtering out.
What I don't like:
Tempered Glass Shelves, I'd rather have plexiglass or something else that wont shatter into a million pieces.
Computer is easily confused.
Cleaning the inside is a pain in the neck and time consuming.
Chill draw freezes everything even on highest setting and is really a waste of space.
I use a reverse osmosis water filtration system with my refrigerator although Electrolux does not recommend using this combination. You must use the filter inside the refrigerator as well so technically the water is quadruple filtered (reverse osmosis is triple filtered). The reason is it is not recommended is that there may not be enough water pressure to make ice. My system works great with this Electrolux refrigerator, in fact, I'm thrilled with it. If you are planning on doing this, hire a professional plumber who works with reverse osmosis systems to avoid any issues.
I had one service call and Electrolux was more than happy to help me get service fast. Every service person I spoke to at Electrolux was patient and kind even when I wasn't entirely patient or kind. I really appreciated all that they did for me to get my refrigerator repaired quickly. My only wish is that they told me how to trouble shoot the refrigerator computer on my own, I would have fixed it in minutes rather than waiting 24 hours for a service man to come to the house.


Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment