Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Woolite Rug Stick - Should You Buy It?

I live on the top floor of a three family house. Having to rent a steam cleaner to clean the one carpeted room in my apartment is cumbersome to say the least. So when I saw an ad on TV for the Woolite Rug Stick-Carpet and Rug Cleaner, I ran out and bought it at my local Shoprite. I was thrilled that I would no longer have to rent a steam cleaner....

Or so I thought

How does the Woolite Rug Stick work?

The assembly and directions for the Woolite Rug Stick were fairly simple. The kit comes with a 9 oz trial size can of Woolite Carpet Cleaner that you insert into the foot of the Rug Stick. Unlock the green lever and pull the Rug Stick towards you to release the cleaning foam. Flip the Rug Stick around and use the brush side to brush the foam into the carpet. Allow carpet to dry and then vacuum. The Woolite Rug Stick is recommended for 'heavy traffic' areas and boasts that it is 'great for area rugs.'

The Pros

The Woolite Rug Stick is inexpensive-about $14 and I used a $3 coupon. The refill cleaner is about $7-8. Other good thing about the Woolite Rug Stick is that it's convenient. Renting a steam cleaner and dragging it up 2-3 flights of stairs is no picnic! I also was impressed that the Woolite Rug Stick scrubbed and cleaned up a pet stain from my cat (a hairball.)

The Cons

Well, as easy as the assembly and directions were, the application of the Woolite Rug Stick was anything but. You really need to use your arm muscles when dragging this across the floor if you want the foam cleaner to come out. I found myself dragging the Woolite Rug Cleaner several times over the same area just to get enough cleaner onto the rug. And I only had enough cleaner in the trial size can to work on a 5'x5' carpeted area! After cleaning a small section of my carpet and vacuuming over it, I really didn't see such a dramatic change in cleanliness. The carpet smelled clean, though.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment