Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring Cleaning 2010

I don't want to clean. I don't like to clean. But when the weather warms up and it is time to open the windows and let the sun shine in the last thing I want to see is those little dust particles flying around in the sunlight. Okay, so I can't get rid of them all, well, not without some crazy fancy home air vacuum purifier thing that probably cost more than my house itself. So I'm left with no other option but to tear the inside of my house apart and rebuild it. And so I did.

This year was like all the others in that I knew I had a large task ahead of me and that I knew that I needed to be organized to make the job as quick and painless as possible. So for starters, I made some lists. Each list was headed with the room name and then the chores that needed to be done. I also prepared a work tote filled with cleaners and dusters that I could bring with me through each room. I worked only one room at a time and with the exception of certain chores, such as rug cleaning and items that needed a visit to the dry cleaner, I only moved on once the room was absolutely clean.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment