Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Product Review: ProKlean Leather Cleaner

As a long-time owner of several different cats, I was hoping I would never have to write a review on a urine-removal product. But, more than a decade into my cat-owning career, here I sit, to tell you a little (OK, a lot) about my experience with the ProKlean Leather Cleaner urine remover.

The Backstory

It all started a few months ago when my cat, who shall remain anonymous, developed a urinary tract infection. As a result of this illness, he began urinating in, shall we say, more creative places - the baseboards, the walls, the door of my child's bedroom. But his absolute favorite place to let loose was, unfortunately, our brown leather recliner. He urinated there more than a few times. Each time I would soak up the urine and then clean with a damp cloth, for fear of doing any damage to the leather. The paint-peeling smell of feline urine, however, remained firmly entrenched in the seat. Nothing like having your living room smell like the vet's waiting room.

So I began searching for a urine removal product. Many of the off-the-shelf brands cautioned that they were not for use on leather. But one night, an Internet search revealed a unique product - ProKlean's Leather Cleaner, a formula made specifically for removing urine odor from leather. At $34.95 + shipping for a 16-oz bottle, it seemed pricey. But it was either this, or throw out my recliner. Besides, the testimonials on ProKlean's website seemed so convincing. I bit the bullet and ordered.

The Product

It was a very exciting day when the cleaner landed in my mailbox. I tore open the box and immediately headed for the recliner, which at this point had begun to smellify the whole living room. The bottle was your average plastic spray bottle, with an interesting cartoon genie on the front (I guess he can make all my cleaning wishes come true?). The clear liquid inside smelled pleasant enough, not too strong. No allusions were made as to the ingredients, but I figured at $35 a bottle, it was probably some kind of super-secret proprietary formula. Cool!

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment