Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nature's Miracle: Does it Really Neutralize Cat Odor? or Does it Make the Smell Worse?

I have lived in my home for about 12 years now and have had many cats come and go; and each has left its own mark or scent behind in some way. Pet odor is a difficult problem to get rid of or even to hide. Male cats, and sometimes even female cats, will spray an area if they can smell that another cat has been there. Your cats are not trying to ruin your things, they are trying to make sure that every other cat knows that the nearby territory belongs to them. I had a cat as a child that would go so far as to mark people too!

I was looking for a product to neutralize the pet odor smell and to keep my 4 cats from returning to the carpet in my dining room to spray and urinate. Upon the recommendation of 2 different employees from my local Pets Mart store I chose a product called "Nature's Miracle". I paid $10.99 plus tax for a 16 ounce plastic pumping spray bottle. This was one of the cheaper products on the shelf, but it did come with a money-back guarantee so I felt that I couldn't lose by making this purchase. It promised to neutralize the odor and to discourage my cats from soiling the area any further.

I used the Nature's Miracle spray as soon as I got home and immediately I noticed that it has a strong and displeasing odor. It not only keeps my cats out of the room but ran me and my dogs into the other part of the house. I put up with the overpowering chemical odor and used this product consecutively over a two week period, 2 - 3 times a day, every day. This product did not stop my cats from returning to the area to spray or urinate. Not only did I notice that my cats were returning more frequently to the area to urinate in order to replace the offensive smell, but there was more pet soiling action than before. The spray seemed to increase the need for my cats to mark over the scent of the spray.


Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment