Friday, May 6, 2011

Most Effective Methods of Carpet Cleaning Spot and Stain Removal

There are so many different carpet cleaning products on the market it is difficult to know which is most effective. At costs ranging from a couple dollars to twenty on up the test run method adds up quickly. Lucky for you I've tested a variety of products and have great news for you; the most effective method I have found is also the cheapest! After having a carpeted dining room with three small children, I can assure you that I've used more products for stain treatment than I care to admit.

Steam Cleaners:

Perhaps you've already invested in a carpet "steam cleaner". If you have limited time and the budget for it I highly suggest Hoover. I had previously owned a Bissell Steam Cleaner and the day the warranty ran out it literally fell apart. It was very touchy and has a price tag a hundred or so over the Hoover models on the market. If you're not prepared to go that route effective carpet cleaning can be done without it, but be prepared for a bit of elbow grease. Either way always work with the hottest water possible when cleaning the carpets. It tends to bring up more dirt.

When it comes to the steam cleaner don't expect miracles. Do expect wet carpet and some spendy solution to be marketed as the only product that can be used in it. That's simply untrue. You can use just about anything. The most effective pre-made I've purchased is called Kids and Pets and can be put in the water holding tank just as the brand name solutions. It's also an effective spot cleaner for the most part; although there is something better and I will get to that. I've even used Pinesol to steam clean tile floors- worked beautifully!

Alternative to Steam Cleaners:

Best cheap alternative is a good old scrub brush. I prefer a flat backed wooden hard bristled brush for the job. You will also need a small pitcher of hot water and a bucket of water with the cleaning solution. Towels, or better yet white dish rags, are also a must. An old Shout bottle or other bottle that is able to spray thicker solutions is a handy tool as well.


Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment