Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kirby Salesmen~Do They EVER Get the Hint?

Friday, August 11th, 2006, there was a knock at my door at 2:30 in the afternoon. I answered to find a man with a bright pink flyer in his hand. He told me he was with the Kirby vacuum company and would I be interested in a demonstration. I told him up front that I was definitely not interested and was on my way out the door with my three very young children in tow. I also commented that my husband was gone til the next day so there was no reason for the demonstration, I would not buy anything. My children and I returned to the house around 8:30 that same night. I was upstairs putting clothes away in the children's rooms when I heard voices downstairs. My children had let the Kirby men into my house! Here were these strange men unloading a vacuum to show me. I told them I did not have time as I had to work from home and my phone and computer would keep me busy in a few minutes. They promised it would take 15 minutes, if I would just watch the demonstration one of the salesmen would get to add my name to his list and he could go to Cancun for a business trip. Ok, FIFTEEN minutes, I said.


Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment