Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge

If you are tired of the hassle and expense of paying professional carpet cleaners to come and shampoo your carpets, I recommend buying a Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, model F5914-900. While there are a few features on the Hoover I don't particularly like, overall I'm very happy with the performance of the Hoover SteamVac carpet shampooer.

The Hoover SteamVac features a powerful 12-Amp motor, five spinning brushes to loosen dirt, a clean surge feature which releases extra soap in heavy-traffic areas, two water tanks that keep the dirty water separate from the clean water, the option of high or normal cleaning, a separate hand tool with spinning brushes, and an eight-foot long power cord.

Even though the Hoover SteamVac says it has heated cleaning, don't be fooled. It is not heating the water in the tank. Instead, the carpet cleaner applies heat directly onto the floor. To get the best results you will need to use hot water in your clean water tank.

I originally purchased the SteamVac because I needed to shampoo the carpet on my stairs. Since the Hoover SteamVac has a SpinScrub Hand Tool for upholstery, stairs and spots, I thought it would be an easy process.

Unfortunately, the directions for hooking up the hand tool are quite complex. It requires turning off the machine, removing the clean water tank, sliding the hose into the dirty water tank, plugging the hose into a special plug, and then putting the tank back in.

When I got to the middle of my steps I was bummed when I realized the hose was not long enough to reach that step. I don't know if I have an especially long stairway, or if everyone would have the same trouble reaching the middle step.

While I was disappointed that shampooing the steps was not an easy process, I was impressed with what a good job the Hoover SteamVac did on my carpets. If you follow the directions, you will get amazing results for a lot less money than hiring professional carpet cleaners.

When using the Hoover SteamVac, make sure you vacuum your carpet well before shampooing. You don't want strings, fur or other debris getting caught in the five spinning brushes.


Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment