Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products and Where to Find Them

I am a regular consumer of eco-friendly products, especially in a home with two children who are sensitive to various chemicals and a husband who has asthma. However, I am also new to the eco-friendly craze that has swept the nation and the world in recent years. There was a time when I used baking soda, vinegar, and water to clean every room and every surface in my house. Things have changed drastically and today consumers have many options to choose from when seeking out eco-friendly cleaning products, especially when one peruses the aisles of their local Whole Foods or Wild Oats Markets.

One of my favorite brands is Method, which offers a wide array of products, scents, and even colors. Their products are all eco-friendly, their packaging is biodegradable, non-toxic, and their company stays true to the belief that "...Toxic chemicals aren't needed to get your home sparkly clean." They are one of the true environment friendly companies, and one of the few who bring their knowledge to the masses.

1) Best in Glass Cleaner-Mint fragrance-$4.00 retail

The Best in Glass Cleaner by Method is the very first product I tried, and I found it at my local Whole Foods Market, in the cleaning product aisle. The product is wonderful, and the scent is truly heavenly. The retail cost for the product is about $4.00(USD) and well worth the expense, especially when a little goes a long way with this product. I can typically clean a large mirror with two sprays of Best in Glass Cleaner. The product leaves no streaks, and I do not have to fret if my cat decides to lick the product from the mirror.

2) All Surface Cleaner-French Lavender Fragrance-$4.00 retail

The All Surface Cleaner by Method is truly all surface. I use it in the kitchen, the bathroom, the dining room, bedrooms, and everywhere I can find a surface to clean. It works well on glass, leaving a streak free shine and is very eco-friendly. I do not have to worry what kind of chemicals I am sending down the drain, and the scent is incredible. Even my oldest son, who is very much against anything clean, loves the smell of the All Surface Cleaner.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment