Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easy Cleaning Tips: Pet Stain Carpet Care

Cleaning carpets can be a chore that we all dread. If you own animals this task will be more challenging. Never rub a stain, it will spread the stain and damage the fibers in your carpet. Blot, Blot, Blot, I think you get the idea, always use a white rag that will not bleed color onto your carpet.

Easy Cleaning Tips: Spot cleaning carpet care supplies

Spot Shot Instant Carpet Cleaner:

My mother-in-law purchased this spot cleaner for me to use at one of our doctor office contracts. From the minute I used it I loved it. It does not leave residue behind to attracted dirt and will stay clean, unlike other products that make the spot look clean, but a few days later the stain reappears.

Club Soda:

I keep a bottle or two on hand for such emergencies. My grandmother used to use this to take out stains on her clothing, so I tried it on my carpet and it works great.

Enzyme odor remover:

If you own pets this is necessary item to remove pet stains, if you do not get the odor out of a stain your pet will remark their territory.

Baking Soda

Use baking soda to soak up pet vomit. Cover the area thoroughly with baking soda before removing any solids, the baking soda will absorb the digestive acids. Once the area is dry, pick up any solids left over with a paper towel. Vacuum the area thoroughly, and then follow with urine pet stain cleaning tips below.

Easy Cleaning Tips: Pet Stain Cleaning Tips

Since urine is protein-based, you must use an enzyme chemical to remove the odor entirely. I recommend "Complete" pet stain and odor remover at Wal-Mart.com for $6.99 a gallon. You may use any enzyme products most pet stores carry these. Natures Miracle and Outright pet odor eliminator are some other good brands that work effectively. They will do the same job; I found Complete to be one of the least expensive that works.

Easy Cleaning Tips: Pet Urine Stains

Step One

Blot area until urine is soaked up

Step Two

Soak area with club soda and blot, repeat this process until stain is gone.

Step Three

Soak the area with enzyme pet stain and odor remover, cover with a clear plastic bag, let it sit for a minimum of eight hours. I let it soak over night.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment