Monday, April 25, 2011

All Natural Ways to Clean Your Upholstery

Recycling, saving water, even purchasing smaller compact cars. Millions of people every day are taking steps to save the planet for the generations to come. Want to start minimizing your impact? I'll never forget the summer my cousin came to stay with us for a week. We only got to see one another during the Fourth of July holiday, so I was ecstatic when she returned home downstate with us so she could spend another week with me. My parents, who were avid auction attendants, had purchased an old grimy loveseat that week. What looked absolutely dirty to me, was a marvelous purchase to them. It wasn't that my family didn't have the money to purchase a brand new loveseat. It was the idea that they could get one for so much less by purchasing a used one. Instead of spending an average of $300, my parents had purchased this for only $1! My mother handed a can of ninety-nine cent Barbasol shaving cream to my cousin and I who were instructed to put on a pair of old miss-matched socks of my father's. "Just spray the shaving cream onto the couch," my mother began, "then rub it in using the socks". We were laughing, but driven by curiosity of the potential result, my cousin and I got down to business. Surprisingly, the result was quite spectacular. The dirty old loveseat was dry and clean after a good vacuuming the following day.

Although the shaving cream worked, there are many other products in your home to clean your upholstery that is friendly to the earth. The best way to maintain your upholstery cleanliness takes weekly upkeep. Make sure to vacuum your upholstery while you have your vacuum out at least once each week. If you have pets or children, you may want to consider using a small soft brush to pull up any hair or loose dirt first. In addition to your regular upkeep, there are products in your home that could help perk up your dirty upholstery.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment