Saturday, April 30, 2011

How to Motivate Yourself to Do Housework

I like a neat clean house as much as anyone else, but I sometimes find myself lacking the necessary motivation to turn off the computer and stop putting off the necessary housework. It's much easier to say I'll do it later, but unfortunately later turns into tomorrow, and tomorrow turns into next week. Before long I'm forced to work twice as hard to clean something I should have cleaned weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, my house isn't filthy, but I tend to put off until tomorrow what I should do today.

When I find myself lacking the necessary motivation to get the job done, I use several ways to motivate myself to do housework. If you find yourself putting off housework, maybe these methods of motivation will work for you too. It certainly never hurts to try, and you have nothing to lose but dust bunnies and clutter!

Carpet Scents


Most people enjoy using scents to help beautify their home and make it smell cleaner and more pleasant, and I'm one of those people. I prefer the scent of vanilla, and I use everything from vanilla plug-ins to vanilla candles. I also use vanilla scented carpet deodorizer, and sometimes that's exactly what I need to motivate myself to vacuum.

If you want to motivate yourself to run the vacuum, or better yet force yourself to vacuum, buy carpet deodorizer in your favorite scent. Once you sprinkle it on the carpets you'll have no choice but to vacuum it up, and hopefully the pleasant scent will motivate you to do more housework.

Let the Music Play


My favorite music always gets me singing and moving, and even though I'm not a fantastic singer I do my best work when my favorite songs are playing. Turn off the computer and the television, put on your favorite CD, and start moving to the music. You'll accomplish more when you have musical motivation. I know I always do!


Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment