Monday, April 18, 2011

Product Review - the Shark Steam Cleaner

Floor Steam Cleaners are one of the newer household cleaning items that have hit the market in recent years. I am always looking for quick and efficient ways that can help in my daily cleaning efforts in my home.I need something that is not going to zap my precious energy that I would rather use playing with my son.

I purchased the shark steam cleaner. I originally was going to purchase the H2O mop, but when I went to the "As seen on tv" to buy it, other customers in the store seen me and said that I should buy "The Shark" instead. They said it was better. So taking this information I headed over to buy the "Shark" steam cleaner. I got it home and within less than 1 minute I was steam cleaning my laminate wood floors. I will say it was very easy to use and I was very impressed on how my floors looked when I was done. I also cleaned my ceramic floors too.

What was really good was there was some paint drops on the floor from a long time ago and they came right up. Gone they just lifted right up. I was definitely impressed. The heat of the steam loosened all of the dirt and it cleaned the floors really well.

The cleaner came with four washable pads. After washing the pads in the washing machine and letting them air dry i went to use one and it just did not work the same afterwards. The steamer still cleaned the floor but it seemed a lot harder to push the cleaner back and forth with the washed pads. I am wondering if there was some kind of wax spray on the cloths that was washed away. The other thing I did not particularly like about the shark was the cord but this could be said for any machine that you need to move around constantly.

All in all I still use the shark and it is wonderful for sticky messes, crayon marks, scuff marks and old paint spots. I would recommend this product.

If I had to rate the product out of 10 I would give it a 8 because its ease of use and ability to clean. It loses 2 points 1 for the mop heads and 1 for not being cordless.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment