Friday, April 15, 2011

Are Steam Mops Really Worth the Cost?

I recently purchased a steam mop. I wanted one for quite some time, so I was very excited to finally get one for a decent price at Wal-Mart.

I took it out of the box, read the instructions and then started it up. Right away, I loved it. It took very little time to be heated enough for usealso be sure that any bacteria is quickly removed.

It is really great with removing stuck on messes as well. Just hold the mop over the affected area, and press the steam button for a few seconds, then swipe the mop back and forth, and the mess is gone.

I like having my floors smell clean as well, and since you cant use any cleaner in the mop, I used one of my Mr Clean spray cleaners with febreeze to get some nice scent going on the floors.

Overall, its a great product, the only downfall is that it makes the canvas tiles in my kitchen come loose. There is a warning in the manual about this, so it's my own fault. You cannot hold the mop over the seams of the tiles for too long, if you want to prevent this from happening.

If you are a person that has many allergies, this is a perfect product for you, you don't have to use anything other than water and electricity to use this product. So it will also pay for itself.

If you are planning on buying this item, make sure your floors are suitable for it, and also make sure you plan on buying extra pads. The two that come with it don't seem to be enough really, at least to me. One pad will only get one floor clean, and that's if it isn't really dirty. You will also want to have some cleaner on hand, if you really like to have your home smelling clean, as well as looking clean.

If you're thinking about getting one of these mops, I suggest you research brand quality. Mine is the H20 Steam Mop, and it works great, but you might get one just as good or better for a much better price than I paid.

I would give this product a 9 out of 10 for both looks and usefulness, and a 4 out of 10 for price. (I paid $89 Canadian for the one I purchased)

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment