Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Speed Cleaning for Company - House Cleaning Tips

Speed cleaning has saved me many times. I've never been the neat and tidy type. Unfortunately, I have a few friends that fit the bill. They could give Martha Stewart a run for her money. I could drop by any one of
their homes at any time of the day or week. The house would be spotless and I would be offered a homemade treat on the spot. Of course, if the tables were reversed, the scenario would be totally different. If any of my friends dropped in on me unexpectedly, I would feel sorry for them. They would probably have to move magazines out of the way to find a place to sit down. The dogs would bark and the cats would try to jump in their laps.
Because of this, my friends have learned my rule to give me some notice. It doesn't have to be a lot of advance notice. Just give me about an hour warning. Then when my guests arrive, my house will be at least acceptable.
How do I transform a house filled with clutter, dirty clothes, and scattered dishes into a house that would pass a minimal inspection? It's called speed cleaning, and it works miracles for messies like myself. Speed cleaning can get a house presentable in just 45 minutes or less. Here are some house cleaning tips on how to do it.
First, grab a large container. It can be anything- a laundry basket, empty box, or large basket. While you're at it, grab a trash bag. Make a quick swoop throughout your home. Close any doors that aren't necessary for guests- like extra bathrooms, bedrooms, and dens. Leave all of these rooms completely alone.Getting rid of clutter is your main objective. Be ruthless. Clutter can make even a clean home look messy. Throw everything that looks messy into your box or basket. Pens scattered all over desks, books thrown on hall tables, everything that makes rooms look cluttered gets stashed in the box. You can go through it later after your guests leave.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment