Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hoover SteamVac All Terrain



I tried convincing myself that the dark spots on my pale beige wall to wall carpeting were just afternoon shadows, but when I spilled some water one day and simply mopped it up, the afternoon shadows disappeared with the water. Then I knew I needed some serious carpet cleaning.

Personally, I am not a fan of professional carpet cleaning companies simply because the last time I hired one, they managed to dent my walls and scratch some hardwood flooring with their heavy machines.

I headed to Best Buy and asked for recommendations. I trust the people at Best Buy because they aren't on commission - recommending the most expensive item on the floor means they believe in the product, not the size of their next commission check.

After describing my flooring and my needs, I was shown the Hoover SteamVac All Terrain at $309.00. Considering this was less than I paid to have my house professionally cleaned previously, I was all ears. It was supposed to handle carpeting of all depths, all types of hard floors (hardwood to cement) and it even came with a special hand held device to clean furniture.

After getting it home I found it was actually very easy to put it together (minimum assembly is required and even a weakling like me can manage it without a problem). It was very easy to add the required water and the rug shampoo - there's no measuring needed since the individual containers don't allow you to overfill them.

There is one "bucket" where you put the hot water and inside that bucket, on the side, is the smaller section into which you pour the shampoo. During the cleaning process these are automatically mixed correctly.

Ref: associatedcontent.com


No comments:

Post a Comment