Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Making Your House Look Clean in 15 Minutes

It never fails; when my house is cluttered, someone calls to say they are stopping by. I have three young children, a husband, a cat and a dog. I try to keep my house clean but it does not always stay the way I like it to stay. I find that my house is really not dirty just cluttered. My mom always tells me that toys on the floor does not make a house dirty, it just says that healthy-happy kids live here. I guess she knows what she is talking about since she had six healthy-happy kids. I might not be able to keep my house neat looking all the time but I can clean it up and make it presentable in 15 minutes or less. When the troop pitches in and helps we get it done in 10 minutes. Just follow these simple, quick steps and the clean up will be on its way.First start the clean up in the kitchen. The kitchen and the living rooms are the two rooms that the guests see first. Start by using a kitchen vacuum (light weight and easy to use). Kitchen vacuums are easy to use and there will be no fumbling around with dust pans and dumping dirt. Put dishes in the dishwasher and wipe the counters off. Clutter gathers quickly on the counters so have a plastic container available to quickly place counter clutter in, then place it in a cupboard. Have a damp mop (something like a wet swifter) glide it across the floor and wipe up any spills and stains. Kitchen is done!
Next step is to clean the living room. The good thing about a kitchen vacuum is that is can be used on carpet, hardwood floors, ceramic tile and many other floor types. So continue from the kitchen throughout your house including the living room. Have a large plastic container in a closest close by. Gather all toys and unwanted clutter and put them into the container. Place the lid on the container and put back in the closest. After the clean up day be sure to put everything back in the proper place to ensure that it will be empty for the next quick clean up day. Have dusting wipes on hand so there is no messing around with polish and rags. Just quickly pull out a polish wipe use on your end tables and coffee table and simply them toss away. The living room is done.
Ref:-associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment