Friday, April 22, 2011

The Inn: Culinary Resort in Essex, Vermont

In May, my husband had to travel to Essex, VT, which is in the northern part of Vermont, to install registers at one of the company stores. Since Essex is only a few hours away form where we live I said I would love to, but that would mean our eleven year-old Chihuahua, Tea Cup, would have to go with us.

My husband did some searching and found the Inn at Essex Vermont Culinary Resort, where many other employees of the company have stayed before.

We drove north for a few hours before pulling up to the grand hotel. I was in awe. The hotel reminded me so much of The Overlook Hotel in Stephen King's The Shining, only this hotel was set up more in a U-shape and in the middle of the U, was a long patch of grass where tall trees stood reaching toward the blue sky. Around the base of the trees were beautiful budding flowers of all shapes and colors. I couldn't help but to smile at the foliage and I began to wonder how nice the inside of the hotel must be.

I stayed in the car with Tea Cup while my husband walked into the hotel and checked us in. When he came back to the car he said we were all set and we grabbed our things and went inside. I was eager to see what everything looked like.

Standing in front of the door to our room, #105, I waited with anxious excitement for my husband to scan the key card and open the door. When he finally opened the door and I stepped into the room, I was stunned. I had expected a plain colored room, mostly white with the various shades of browns of the desks, tables and chairs. Instead, I was in my element when I saw lavender walls that stretched to the floor with white trim, meeting a plush mauve carpet.

By the windows, two cushiony chairs on each side of a round wood table were a pale lime green. There were two large bottles of water on the table, though if you wanted them you had to pay $3 each. A few feet from the table and chairs was a soft Queen sized bed with a white satiny comforter and lush purple pillows with white trim. Our little dog just loved the pillows and made herself right at home.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

1 comment:

  1. At one stage or another, every man woman or child will be faced with the issue of house cleaning Essex. While it has been acknowledged that it has an important part to play in the development of man, it is yet to receive proper recognition for laying the foundations of democracy. Since it was first compared to antidisestablishmentarianism much has been said concerning house cleaning Essex by those most reliant on technology, who are yet to grow accustomed to its discombobulating nature. At the heart of the subject are a number of key factors. I plan to examine each of these factors in detail and asses their importance.

    ReplyDelete