Tuesday, August 9, 2011

College Essentials for a Freshman's Dorm Room



Many Freshman entering college don't really know what to expect. It's helpful if they, along with their parents read up on the subject of essentials. That is, what things can college freshman just not live without. I remember my freshman year well, and I can tell you I was not prepared at all. Here are some essentials that upcoming Freshman will want to go over with their parents.

1. A mini fridge: Most college dorm rooms do not have refrigerators. Luckily for me, my parents had thought of this and bought me a little mini fridge. You don't need something expensive. Just something big enough to hold some soft drinks (or water bottles), lunch meat, and some condiments. You can buy one on amazon.com for $50.

2. Viola Drawer Organizer: This is a must. These organizers fit perfectly under your dorm room bed. Most likely you will be sharing a living space with another college student so making the most of your living space is essential. These drawer organizers are very inexpensive. As a matter of fact they are on sale for $2.99, $3.99, and $5.99 at containerstore.com.

3. Coffee Pot and Coffee: I stayed up many nights studying for important tests. I couldn't have lived without my coffee. Pay attention to your local sales circulars so you can get your coffee pot on sale. Once I bought a coffee pot at CVS for $9.99. Then stock up on coffee at your local grocery store. It won't go bad.

4. Laptop: I didn't have a laptop when I went to college and had to walk over to the computer center every time I had a paper due. It's fine if you have the time during the day, but the computer center wasn't open late. You will want to be able to do work from your dorm room if you can. This will probably be the one item you won't want to live without.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment