Friday, April 22, 2011

Mohawk Home Heritage Area Rug

We remodeled our kitchen three years ago this summer, and at the time I decided to change my kitchen colors to sage green. rug held up until a few months ago, when the backing started coming off in my washing machine, and the binding started to tear away from the main part of the rug.

When I decided it was time to replace the rug, I again had a hard time finding a kitchen rug that contained my sage green colors. I went to Fred Meyer, WalMart, Bed Bath & Beyond, and finally Kohl's, which is where I found the perfect rug for our updated kitchen!

I know that the Mohawk is a well known name for making wall to wall carpeting, and I was pleased to see that Kohl's carried a nice line of Mohawk area rugs. I had several picked out that matched my decor, but my husband found an exact match. We purchased a Heritage Collection by Mohawk Home Accent Rug, which is a little longer that the previous rug, but actually fits quite nicely in front of my sink.

This Mohawk Home rug measures 22 inches wide and 40 inches long. It is made of a plush 100% nylon material. The rug has a delicate floral pattern that I find quite classic looking, giving it a look of expensive brocade fabric. Many of the rugs I looked at had more of a modern, contemporary design, with different colored blocks. This rug, which is the "Mischa Pewter" design was exactly what I was looking for.

The accent rug is colored with a taupe or tan background, with a light and dark sage green design. There is a thin dark green border a couple inches from the edge of the rug, but then there is a wider lighter sage green border on the outside.

When I stood on this carpet for the first time, I could not believe how thick and plush this size rug was! It is soft and has a velvety feel, I absolutely love it. Now standing in front of the sink doing my dishes isn't the dreaded chore it used to be.

Nylon rugs are among some of the most popular on the market today. They are desired because they hold up well, they are resilient, and the fibers don't lay flat with repeated wear.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment