Monday, May 16, 2011

Kirby Vacuum Presentation: A Very Poor Demonstration

Here in LA (that's Lower Alabama) for all you folks out in TV Land, it is beginning to warm up. We still have a few cool days remaining but those will soon be a distant memory. As the weather warms my wife tends to dream of spring cleaning. At least she dreams of me cleaning in the spring and the summer and the fall and all winter. Well the dreams and the nagging (described to me as motivational speaking) started this past weekend, and ended with me dragging every area rug we have ever owned out onto the driveway at 8 am.

I was then forced to drive to the local hardware store (read that as Rug Doctor Pimp) and rent a squatty little machine and a happy smile that promises clean carpets, clean furniture and a great time doing it. Since we are unwitting home to every animal that needs a home people (5 rescued cats and 2 rescued dogs and two teenage girls that I need to be rescued from) this is a semi annual event at least. Upon my arrival home the Rug Doctor took control of my life and forced me to work. I tried to resist but the power of my wife's look and the hypnotic effect of the Rug Doctor was just too much.

About 3:30 pm I was down to my last 6x12 area rug, 2 small rooms and a 5 foot hallway. The end was in sight when all of sudden a young man comes around the corner of my van and says "Whoa there, you should let me do that for you." I handed him the brush, the hose and said the rug doctor was over there but he just laughed at me. He told me that someone would arrive at my door in about 15 minutes and they would finish the last two rooms and the hallway for free ( I figured he made this offer since I am such a handsome devil). At this point he did ask if I had heard about Kirby Vacuums and I said yes.


Ref: associatedcontent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment