Thursday, April 7, 2011

How to Remove Wax from Carpet

Every once in a while I get a little clustzy and I spill wax on the carpet, usually moving a candle from one room to another.

The easiest way to remove wax from the carpet is by doing the following process. First get your iron and a few paper towels and a wet white facecloth.

Next place the paper towels down on the carpet and place your iron on top, let it get super hot, then just start ironing the carpet with the paper towel. Lift up the paper towel every once in a while to see how much wax has been lifted. Paper towels are great if the wax is colored.

Then after removing as much of the wax as possible put the wet facecloth on the floor and repeat the ironing again. Do this until the facecloth pretty much goes dry. You will be amazed at how well this works.

I also use the ironing method for things like juice, pop and crayon stains. This works the best for me. Instead of buying multiple chemicals that just damage the carpet and scrubbing the carpet raw. This is the best method that I have found to date.

Never directly iron on a stain without a wash cloth or paper towel as this will ruin your iron. I like to use the steam setting and this intensifies the heat.

The worst stain that I ever had on a carpet was Fanta tropical pop. It was red and fell off of a desk in one of the spare rooms. The ironing trick worked the best. I tried peroxide, dish soap, laundry soap, carpet cleaner, color safe bleach, rubbing alcohol etc. The iron method was the only one that worked. I even tried to cut out the stain in some of the spots but that just made things worse, I had to go and get a carpet patch and glue it into the missing spots, which I managed to cover extremely well, but for all of the toil it caused I wish I would of started with the iron method first.

Ref: associatedcontent.com

Products I Like To Clean My Carpets:Febreze Carpet care

No comments:

Post a Comment